AGA S3 SERIES ER3 100-4 Range Cooker
- The hotplate operates using a powerful heating element and can be set to either boiling or simmering setting. Around the outside of the actual hotplate is a further usable cooking area. This area can be used to simmer on when the hotplate is set to boil, and as a warming plate when the hotplate is in simmering setting. When set to boiling setting the hotplate reaches temperature in around 15 minutes from cold, while the simmering setting reaches temperature in around 12 minute
- Boiling function – The boiling plate is the hotter of the two settings. From cold, the boiling plate takes approximately 15 minutes to reach its operating temperature.
- Simmering function– The simmering plate is the cooler of the two settings. From a cold start, the simmering plate will achieve its operating temperature in about 12 minutes.
- 1: Cast iron oven which can be set to roasting or baking mode
- 2: Cast iron simmering oven
- 3: Steel cookware storage
- 4: Steel warming oven
- W: Warming plate
- BP/SP: Boiling plate/simmering plate
- This cooker has two cast iron ovens located on the left hand side and controlled by rotary control, as well an additional option of a programmer/timer device for the top oven. Using the control knob on the far left of the top plate, the top oven can be set to roasting, baking or the off setting. The roasting and baking settings can be achieved from cold in around one hour. The lower simmering oven can also be up to full temperature in around one hour. The baking setting will provide a ‘warm to touch’ feel.
- The warming oven is heated by an element and is turned on using a separate switch on the top right of the appliance.
- This cavity is a handy storage space to keep all of your AGA baking tray and pans.
- Roasting setting– Roasts and grills beautifully and is big enough to fit a 13kg (28lbs) turkey. Radiant heat means food keeps its natural succulence and flavour.
- Baking setting– Heated to an ideal moderate baking temperature – ideal for cakes, biscuits and bread.
- Simmering oven – Simmers perfectly by constantly maintaining the oven at just the right temperature for long, slow cooking. This develops flavours and will make even the toughest cut of meat melt-in-the-mouth tender.
- Warming oven – Designed to warm plates and serving dishes, to rest meat before carving and to keep food warm, prior to serving, for a limited period of time. Food should not be left in there indefinitely and certainly not for any longer than two hours.